Saturday, April 01, 2006

Leave Chapter 1

The stale smell of the sickly room
Marks so well my imminent doom
But not imminent enough.

The taste on my tongue ever so bitter
On my skin crawling those critters
This is the curse of disease.

Pain envelopes me like a scythe
The blade squeezing out my life
Or what's left of it.

I want to leave.
I need reprieve.
But not of those from morphine.

God is calling
His voice is mauling
Away the agony.

I can hear him now.

But I cannot wait.
Not even for God, not in this state
I want to leave.

I see it, the opening to my death.
I step over, holding my last breath
Falling, flying, dying, dead.

But I am not outside the pearly gates of heaven.
Intead I have fallen
Into the shadows of hell.

I'm playing with the idea of leaving. This first chapter outlines the leaving of a physically sick person in physical pain. The next Leave will probably be about mental pain. And so on, till the final chapter.

Gosh. Since I started linking people I don't really want to post these private things.

No comments: