Monday, June 13, 2005

Council, Camps, Canines!

When I was still in the capital of China I hardly called home and home tried to call me but I turned my hp off. So I felt pretty guilty(for not being homesick enough), and called. My mom answered, and this was how it went:

Me: Yo dude! Howya doin'?

Mom: Man, you gotta check this fine stuff out, so-and-so blah blah blah blah

Just kidding.

Me: Hello? Mom?

Mom: Hey, Nienyuan.. I tried calling you but you don't answer your phone...

Me: I'm sorry, I didn't turn it on.

And so on and so forth I asked about the family, her health etc. Then I was prepared to hang up but she suddenly said this:

Mom: There's going to be a great surprise for you when you come home.

Me: What is it?!

Mom: You gotta come here and see for yourself.

Me: Dog, right? (I dunno why I said tt, most prob instinct. My mom disliked dogs.)

Mom: ?????!!!!(muahhaha she must think I am super smart with and IQ of 150)

So that was how I got my dog three days later when I got home.

Not.

Misha the labrador came into our house while I was away wounded on her leg without a collar nor a microchip. My sis and mom took her to a vet, thought she was the cutest dog ever and decided that if the owner did not come we could keep her. In the end while I was on the plane ever-excited about my upcoming ownership, the owner came, had I huge fight with us, and took the dog away.

When I came back in the airport I was so hopeful I could hardly breathe. I left in bad terms with my sister, but in the end she was the one who came to see me home as well as my mom. The tension was in the air and I didn't dare to ask about the dog. Suddenly she said in a sad, soft voice: "Hey...did you know that it's gone?"

I looked at her real hard with shock and then turned and kept on walking, pushing my trolley with a little more force than necessary. "Oh really?" was my reply.

In the car, they kept talking about her and everything, while I sat in the back. My cheeks were dripping with my tears, but I kept silent and still. I thought about the happy days I could spend with her, how I wished so much for a dog since young and the way I would make her feel loved. I couldn't control it. I sobbed.

My mom noticed me first and after that there was much fussing which was the last thing i wanted.





sighhhhhh.............................................................................................

No comments: